The primary responsibility of this position is the planning and implementation of the movement of raw materials and equipment necessary to support sales, manufacturing, production and inventory objectives. This positon will also be responsible for optimizing purchasing plans, finding material savings by presenting material design or reduction options for review, approval and implementation reducing avoidable stock out situations and increasing inventory turns. A sense of strong prioritization skills and the ability to meet and exceed timelines is essential for success in this position.
- Analyze, plan and issue purchase & job orders to meet forecasted demand plans. Make inventory purchases independently up to $10,000 spending limit. Make approved equipment purchases, including CAPEX following strict approval guidelines.
- An ability to adjust purchasing needs based on actual performance against forecast, current and/or past utilization trends.
- Setup SKU’s and Suppliers for initial procurement for new items.
- Create new parts and standard costs based on quotes.
- Ensure product inventory is balanced to meet customer demand and production needs, adjusting as necessary when those needs change.
- Actively manage disposition of slow moving & obsolete inventories, managing RTV’s for both material non-conformances and routine supply returns and SMOS. Identify and implement repurposing plans to help relieve excess inventory.
- Manage assigned inventory items to KPI’s.
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase order commitment and receiving or billing amounts. Process all invoices in a timely manner allowing Finance to process invoices quickly to allow RPI to take advantage of NET discounts.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled planning and forecasting meetings with vendors and other members of the supply chain team in multiple locations.
- Provide current stock reports to managers and partners as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong MRP purchasing or planning experience with Tier one or Tier two ERP systems.
- Proficient in MS Office products required, especially Excel and data manipulation.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Comfortable conversing and communicating with suppliers, manufacturing personnel and equipment manufacturers during the procurement of a wide variety of purchased goods and services.
- 2-year degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supply chain field, including purchasing, procurement and inventory management.
- Experience in paper procurement, print technology and related equipment strongly desired.
- Exhibits passion by continuously striving for the best possible outcomes.
- Shows commitment through execution of responsibilities regardless of the challenges posed
- Adapts to new circumstances readily and supports change
- Fosters trust by communicating openly and acting with integrity
- Possesses an entrepreneurial nature by imagining what is possible and taking ownership of outcomes.