This position is responsible for seasonal purchasing and inventory management to support the effective flow of material from the supplier and throughout the production facility. Estimated duration November 1, 2017 through January 1, 2018.
May include all or a subset of the following functions: issuance of purchase orders, scrap and non-conforming material disposition, cycle counting and executing and managing the job order process. Tracking of incoming purchase orders, research of late deliveries and expediting. Oversee timely physical inventories and cycle counts as indicated by storage location. Monitors and reconciles reports which track system inaccuracies and imbalances. This position also performs other duties in support of the purchasing function.
- Issuance of purchase orders for various materials used in the manufacturing process.
- Tracking and expediting of outstanding purchase orders.
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase order and receipts.
- Continuously review inventory and report any excessive inventory figures.
- Manage process for non-conforming material disposition and change order implementation.
- Work closely with the material handling staff to ensure inventory accuracy and resolve any discrepancies.
- Management of the job order process, including issuing job orders, monitoring their progress and making sure converted inventory is properly received back into the system.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- MRP purchasing or planning experience
- Proficient in MS Office products required, especially Excel
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- 2 to 5 years experience in a materials management role, preferably in a manufacturing environment including inventory transactions and cycle counting
Printing and/or Paper industry experience is a bonus
2-year Diploma in business or technical discipline desired
APICS certification desiredApply Now