Supports Operations in achieving labor efficiency and productivity goals. Goals are met by leading the maintenance team in the development and application of sound preventative maintenance schedules and procedures, low machine downtime achieved through the application of deliberate troubleshooting skills, a managed spare parts inventory, effective utilization of outside technical service support and the acquisition of proper tools and training to perform repairs in the field. This position supports Rapid Improvement Workshops to optimize production processes and eliminate waste.
- Lead maintenance technicians on scheduled maintenance duties and proper maintenance procedures.
- Schedule outside service technical support when necessary.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and make necessary parts purchases balancing machine availability against spare part inventory expense.
- Possess a sound knowledge of machine operation, setup, and machine safety.
- Modify or assemble structures to enhance productivity, or safety.
- Develop and perform preventative maintenance procedures.
- Work closely with manufacturer’s service providers to further understanding of complex machine operations.
- Assist with the installation, development and startup of new processes in support of new product launches.
- Assist operations as available and needed.
- Ability to work in a high stress, highly dynamic environment.
- Possess the interpersonal skills to develop and mentor maintenance technicians.
- Disciplined mechanical troubleshooting (mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics)
- Knowledgeable in workshop power tools (drill press, grinders, bandsaw, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Knowledgeable in lubrication systems (oilers, air filters, etc)
- Familiar with electrical wiring (electrical boxes, control panels, etc)
- Familiar with electrical sensors (limit switches, prox switches, photoeyes, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in the use of voltmeter and ammeters for troubleshooting
- Understands and promotes workplace safety (Interlocks, Lockout/Tagout , Ergonomics, Hazardous Materials)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience with machine controllers (Relays, PLCs) is desirable
- Knowledge of Relay Ladder Logic and PLCs is desirable
- Knowledgeable in electrical circuit diagrams is desirable
- Knowledgeable in electric motors (AC, DC, stepper) in desirable
- Forklift operator certificate is desirable
- Training certificate for machine service organization or,
- Technical training in packaging, automotive, or military systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years maintenance experience or servicing of automatic machines.