Maintenance Technician / Atlanta
This position supports Operations in achieving labor efficiency and productivity goals using highly automated equipment and the use of sound preventative maintenance procedures and schedules, low machine downtime achieved through spare parts availability, the application of specialized training and the use of proper tools to perform repairs in the field, and through the application of deliberate troubleshooting skills.
- Troubleshoot and repair state-of-the-art bindery equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled following standard procedures.
- Rebuild major machine components to reduce maintenance costs.
- Record spare parts usage to maintain an accurate spare parts inventory.
- Modify or assemble structures for Production to enhance productivity, or safety.
- Work closely with service technicians to further understanding of complex machine operations.
- Develops and mentors maintenance technicians and machine operators.
- Assist Production Leads by providing operator training.
- Follow lockout/tagout procedures when working on equipment.
- Support the installation, development and startup of new processes in support of new product launches.
- Supports Rapid Improvement Workshops to optimize production processes and eliminate waste.
- Work as a member of the Production team if needed.
Demonstrated disciplined approach to troubleshooting (mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, and electronics).
- Demonstrated experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Demonstrated experience with lubrication systems (oilers, air filters, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with electrical wiring (electrical boxes, control panels, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with electrical sensors (limit switches, prox switches, photoeyes, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with precision motion control systems utilizing stepper and servo motors.
- Demonstrated experience with machine controllers or PLCs.
- Demonstrated ability to read electrical circuit diagrams and Relay Ladder Logic.
- Must be able to perform repairs using hand tools, power tools, and workshop power tools (drill press, grinders, bandsaw, etc.)
- Must be able to use voltmeters and ammeters for troubleshooting.
- Understands and promotes workplace safety (Interlocks, Lockout/Tagout, Ergonomics, Hazardous Materials)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Documented training (AAS strongly preferred) in Electrical Systems or Electronics or technical training in printing, packaging, automotive, or military systems.
- Forklift operator certificate is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years experience in maintaining precision automatic machinery.